Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Love

I got a text message from my cousin Sydney letting me know her sister Myranda was headed into labor and delivery. She has had a hard pregnancy mainly due to preeclampsia and being on bed rest since 32 weeks. I took a shower and Alyssa and Mom picked me up at around 10pm. Even with the weather we drove down to Columbus, Ga. We were driving along side of 4 tornadoes (wish I was kidding) but we made it just after midnight.


When we arrived they had already broke her water and gave her an epidural, she was 3 to 4 cm dilated and was " Not feeling a thing!" Her exact words, an hour or so went by when Myranda started to feel back labor, the epidural was not touching it. So she got another epidural, didn't work. Then got a pain reducer in her iv... nothing. Then they gave her a stronger level of pain medication, still nothing!

Thankfully we got some pictures to capture her labor experience. I love taking pictures so it was fun for me to do it. This whole time for all of about 5 hours I was able to help Myranda get comfortable, talk with her, hold her hand through each contraction and it was an awesome experience. It was crazy for me to see my little cousin having her own daughter but she was doing it and doing it well! She wasn't expecting the epidural not to work, she didn't plan to " feel the pain."

But ironically it seems like we have times repeating in life where to receive a beautiful gift from our Father we must endure some temporary pain. It is always worth it so even when I'm watching this sweet woman go through this pyhsical pain I am reminded of how this is just a reflection of the labors of life and the pains that comes with that.

 Rylee Ann cam on April 28 an is a healthy beautiful little girl. My grandfathers memorial service is this saturday and I have to think what divinely planned timing of things. We get to celebrate this new life of Rylee while remembering a life of Robert within just a few short days.

            " They say that new life makes losing life easier to understand. "

No comments:

Post a Comment