Friday, April 15, 2011

3 words

Three words can mean a lot. It can change a lot. Most people think of the three words being " I love you".

But for my family there is another that comes to mind. I was reading about the Marathon Man this morning and in his inspiring books he talks about life and death in this statement. " It goes on. "


I wanted to share about my grandfather Robert Edmund Leigh. He's always had great health,  been regular to moderate weight as well as stayed fairly active. Very intelligent and a cute sense of humor. We recently saw him on Thanksgiving where he showed off his new smaller waist size. He had lost about 25 pounds, on his own. It was wonderful to see him proudly twirl around and show us. Then learning at end of February that he had stage 3 liver cancer due to life long alcohol intake.


 He turned 78 on March 12th and had to celebrate his birthday feeling sick from the chemotherapy. When I talked to him that day he was very optimistic but a little confused. None of us thought his passing would happen less than a month from that day. The cancer grew rapidly over the course of the past month.  Even though he regularly exercised, dieted, enjoyed life his life was still out of balance in some places. I have a new perspective on my life by his memory and who he was to me and our family. My new goal, to live a life of balance.

God has continuously been using two words in my life over the past year. Perspective and balance, these words are so significant to me and my personal walk in life. I believe words, art, music, people, nature can all inspire a person to reevaluate where they are in life and who they are in life. And with some people you need to be reminded of this more than once every season. For me these words bring me a sense of peace and comfort knowing that with perspective I can see life through someone's view and with balance I can have peace and serenity each day.

                                                   Balance & Perspective... It goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment