Monday, May 9, 2011

Party on Saturday & the Arts Festival on Sunday

We wanted to have our friends over before the moving got too crazy, i.e Monday. What can I say I hate to procrastinate, so we had a small group of people that we love come hang out in the yard. Then we were surprised to received this beautifully detailed card and amazing hand carved wooden necklaces for each person in our family. Ben had made the necklaces each different, these amazing crosses. Richard and I later that night talked about how awesome it was for them to put so much effort into giving us this gift, such a treasure they will be to us.  I had asked ( Richard says I was being an Art Director) for everyone to make a symbol of saying goodbye. We just took some linen/cotton blend fabric cut them into squares and marked them up with love. Not that I have a favorite but Toms was so nice because it was lovely and he put a lot of effort into it. We appreciate effort!  I will string some yarn in them eventually and hang them in the kids rooms! A great way to remember our friends from Atlanta!




The Roswell Arts Festival was going on for the last day on Sunday. So we had nothing to do and everyone was in a good mood, so we went! It was fun and not too hot.  I am used to dishing out water&snacks or calming down the kids because they wanted some treat that we won't let them have. But this time I had my friend with me, we could look at things and discuss, we had the guys to help with the kids and Grandma Leigh who helped with anyone who lagged behind. It was nice to discuss art of which ones we liked and which ones were for a different crowd. It was a great end to Mothers Day 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment