Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Not That Quiet In This Place

On Boulevard in Atlanta. I pass by this all the time and went to get some pictures before we moved.

                                        
 My new Friend Kyle Posing for me of his break.He informed me it was being torn down the next morning,so I felt inclined to reciprocate the HUGE favor of telling me and emailed him these pictures! Thanks for looking out Kyle!

We had a couple of hurdles this weekend. Richard is arriving in Honolulu this morning I wanted to call on Friday to confirm well, where our stuff was. Little did I know this oh so easy phone call would be a huge help in planning this weekend.

Long story short I called on the status of our furniture freight. If I hadn't have called Friday(with no notice that we were supposed to) they wouldn't have sent our container and we would have been charged a whopping $860.00. WHEW!

Until I called to be sure of our cars being freighted by the same company. I was first told not to worry but they were unable to track the driver and they were sure it was all fine. I called the Long Beach Port just to be sure, where I was told our cars never were dropped off. The driver was supposed to do this over ten days ago and still not shown up. Then I was told they had both arrived in Honolulu. WHEW! But something was wasn't right. I called to have a conference call with both companies and in fact the driver had never dropped off our cars because his truck had caught fire...." But don't worry Mrs. Lee there was no damage to your cars! (nervous laughter from the woman) Silence, I was speechless.

When talking to my Dad about this he said " Well, since the guys truck caught fire he needed something to get around in, and doesn't your car seat seven?" Thanks Blair! Needless to say we have now been told that it will take another 2 1/2 weeks for our cars to arrive and they were not offering to help with any of the rental car fees. I guess I'll have to have another conference call in the morning, delightful!

Well if this isn't irony I don't know what is... " If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent. " Sir Isaac Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment