Sunday, December 11, 2011

I heart hand me downs

                                       Our almost 2 year old dancing in her tutu

 I am the oldest of all the eight immediate cousins and only two are boys. Growing up when something didn't fit I passed it down. So my instinct when I had my own children was to happily receive any hand me down clothes. Even now, I still prefer hammy downs over store bought. There is something special about recycling a sweet child's outfit again and again. This week The Boy's teacher gave us several bags of clothes for the girls. There were tons of tutu's and cute 4T dresses. What we didn't need I gave to a friend that night who we happen to run into at Lei Lei's. I heart hammy downs, I heart sharing, I heart thoughtfulness.

     The Boy in Small Paul from thrift store. Q in Grateful Dead onesie 
I got when I was pregnant with Big Girl, Goodwill and our Big Girl in brothers shirt.

2 comments:

Twinkles and Twigs said...

I love hand me downs too! There is always a bit of a thrill in seeing what is in those bags of clothes, isn't it? I'm always glad I have two (young) girls too. It makes me so happy to see Maxine wearing Lissie's old dresses (Ariana is a bit too old for us to be passing things down to her sisters though).

Twinkles and Twigs said...

Er, hammy downs, I meant! :)

Post a Comment