Saturday, April 14, 2012

To be or not to be....



With this title I could mean a lot of things although this time I am discussing the Act of Nudity. Their is such a simplistic, beautiful thing about it. Many have works of art of just the human body. I've grown up with friends who had families that were incredibly comfortable with being half naked or sometimes more. I've been very confident with my body yet I wasn't raised in a house where we were encouraged to be naked. I mean I was one of two girls, raised in the south by my parents whom are both republicans, so obviously that was a big impact. But now having my own children and living where you're in swim suits all day and come home to a house where your a.c. unit is the breeze through your windows, you tend to stay in the bare minimum.

As some of you know potty training a 2 year old can be a period of your life where you distain laundry, at least I do. Most people don't love doing laundry but I cringe when I find yet another wet pair of panties in the house. Little probably wears 3 pairs a day. The girls love wearing bikinis all day long or less than. I also have a seven year old son who doesn't see the point of wearing a shirt when he is not at school. I have no fears about them seeing each other naked, they all know about their same and different body parts which we don't make up names for. They should have no shame of how they were made, a vagina is a vagina in this house. Just keeping a balance and respect of their own bodies as well as others can be challenging raising opposite sex children.








What my interest is, is how much nakedness can one family have that is healthy? Yesterday the girls planned to take a shower but I was cleaning dishes and so they went to play in their room...yes, naked. It was hilarious to see them "cooking" at their play kitchen for the dolls, in the nude. And I even thought, " My sister and I never played like this." But realizing it was fine, nothing offensive to me about the situation simply different. I do let all the kids go to the bathroom outside even though Little still tries to stand while peeing and my sister thinks the whole thing is a bad habit. What do you think, how much nakedness is too much? How much is just right?

No comments:

Post a Comment