Thursday, May 17, 2012

I've picked up Jalking again

I never thought I'd be blogging about this but I have been trying to exercise more lately.... (now don't spark up too quickly) For all you athletes, this might piss you off or make you laugh. I'm hoping for laughter being the latter. No big New Years resolution reason why, I simply re-prioritized my time. I have eliminated a lot of distractions via social media sites in the past year, subsequently I don't sit in front of a screen in hopes for someone to converse with me. My current thought: "Wow, ironic I am typing this on a social media site to you guys." ... My face is pink and my head is low.

 Instead I am conversing if you will with my body. My natural rhythm of when I have those endorphinal energy spurts and trying to enjoy those moments. Lately I have been jogg slash walking in the mornings on the Bike Path when I take The Boy to school. I can drop him off by 7:50 and get a full thirty minute -jalk- in. I am constantly moving with the kids and lifting them. The girls are almost the same weight at 28-32 pounds. So this is more or less about a chance to start the day well and to give my mind some to to listen to my breathing and heart beat align with this and some of this that flow together. It allows me to be in a mindset of appreciation of my surroundings. The way music and mind are meant to.




I talked to Lauren today and told her I was running lately, then quickly retorted my statement and said " No, no I'm jogging...with some walking brakes! Ya, I'm definitely not running." I said this because I remembered what running means to her, it means actual running.This would make a lot more sense if you knew her, she is a health and fitness guru. Do you know people like this? She just laughs and tells me good job. Have I mentioned yet we've been friends for fifteen years and even as kids she was an amazing athlete? Yes, she knows I'm a -jalker- not a runner. And we're still friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment