Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Shave Ice Experience




If you have been to Hawaii, especially the North Shore of Oahu, then you'll know all about the love Hawaii has for Italian Shave Ice. People wait in lines for more than an hour to eat this colorful, sugarful treat. Fortunately I know of a place that you can go to at 11:30 am and not have to wait. Though it's not on my list of favorite desserts, (it's way too sweet for me) Nana promised the girls a Shave Ice.





 Nana said "Never again, and I was wearing white shorts!" But these three blondes sure do take a good picture!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love love love the shaved ice. I don't like JUST the ice with flavor though. There is a spot on the North Shore right next to Quicksilver/Roxy store in that little shopping center area across from the ocean (do you know which one I'm referring to?) They make a shaved ice with pineapple and whipped cream. Can't wait to eat that again.

Writingfor5 said...

Hahaha, I'm so glad you knew what I was talking about. It's addictive in these parts. : ) No, I don't know which one that is but now my eyes are peeled for it!

Post a Comment