Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I went to a Garage Sale...

You guessed it, this Sunday I went to a garage sale down the street. I was hopeful to score something for under three dollars because that's all I brought with me. I found a cute Lucky peasant top $3, love me some second hand. I found four beautiful handmade Hawaiian wooden bowls for $2. A large bag of fresh fruit from their yard with star fruit, avocados, tangerines $3. Then I saw it... a table. Could it be, an outdoor table? Yes it was. I was already examining it when I found the "Made in Indonesia" printed on the bottom and the solid screws bolted into the legs. I had to ask how much it was and to my utter amazement she said " Oh, $5..." It ended up being a teak table, which is incredibly durable and solidly built.



 Standing right next to me were two grass chairs and a matching bench. Now the seating was in fairly poor condition but we'd be putting cushions down anyway. She sold me the set for $15.  I swiftly told her where we lived and how I'd be right back with more cash. I was so excited to tell Richard and he was glad to give me the money. We moved here in June and have been looking on Craigslist, garage sales and stores off and on for many months for an outdoor table. I spent a total of $28 and got way more than I was expecting. So in the end, waiting for the right price in the right place was so worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment