Friday, November 25, 2011

We chose chicken instead

This year was our first Lee Thanksgiving. No other family, no guests, no big day at my Dads or at my Aunts(whom we missed). Which also meant no turkey. Which was fine because turkey is overrated, there I said it. I don't mean the bird itself, I find them adorable. I'm also not saying the meat, I enjoy the darker meat. And I'm not downing anyone who made a delicious and adorable bird this fine Turkey Day. I'm simply saying that you can get together for the holidays and enjoy being thankful on Thanksgiving without the turkey. So we did that very thing. Call me Anti-American but I enjoyed this day without the famous bird and will probably do it again. Did I ever mention that I'm not competitive. ..Why waste all that time for a pat on the back, it's not for me I guess. We are so blessed and we celebrated Chef Dad for cooking our delicious meal and all in under an hour. We laughed and played all day and I am thankful, so very thankful.








 
The last line is " and the word D!" When we asked him what he meant he said " Whaa... Oh, I meant the world!" : )

No comments:

Post a Comment