Friday, November 11, 2011

Out with the Old

I have a confession to make. I have been seriously slacking in my brush cleaning. Part of my diffence is that I have gone many weeks with wearing little to no make up. Another defense is that I have been busy but over all I am a slacker. It is recommended to clean your make up brushes as often as once a week. And for brushes and sponges you use daily for concealer and or foundation to clean as often as everyday. For mine they have been collecting bacteria for a couple of WEEKS. There I said it.... And I wonder where a random brake out has come from. : )

To give them a thorough cleaning you can find a recipe online or use the following:

1. A bowl of warm water
2.  3-5 drops of Tea Tree essential oil I use aura cacia essential oils
3. a mild unscented liquid soap (preferably as natural as possible) I use Dr. Bronner unscented refill
4. Your brushes/sponges





And yes you can clean your hair brushes too. Here is a chart that shows some key points of the 8 major benefits to using Tea Tree Oil in your daily routine. Sorry for the weird display. Teatreeoiluses.com

 

For my Mainland people: You can pick up Aura Cacia at Whole Foods and Kroger in the organics section.

And for my Hawaiian people: You can pick Aura Cacia at Celestrial Market and Whole Foods.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the recipe to clean brushes! Definitely much better than what I'm doing now.

Writingfor5 said...

I'm glad to have shared it with you! I tried to rescue a honey bee a couple weeks ago that flew into the light at night. It stung me on my way taking it out and thought of you! : )

Post a Comment