Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Redo Wednesday


I've been off Facebook for two weeks now and am truly not missing IT. I am missing seeing some of my regular friends status updates, seeing newer pictures of what they are up to all over the country but unfortunately I have to give all that up for at least a while. This is what you can call my Lint. I also have been slowly been figuring out how I want to redo the girls newest room pieces. I purchased an all wood toy chest and wood nightstand off of Craigslist with the huge help of my friends Corinne and Taylor, and of course baby Avaleah.

I originally found them as a set of 4 so I offered the other two pieces to Corinney and Tay, only to find out in less than two hours of going to pick them up I would have no furniture to claim. It began at 10 am when we left to pick up the pieces from a nice woman who lived on a military base within twenty minutes. Little did I know that I would be showing up with no wallet(no id) expired and out of state tags as well as no proof or registration. And to my surprise you need all of these to get on base...really? I thought you could show up, sign in on a visitor's sheet, flash a smile and let them know you are merely here to pick up a toy chest off of Craigslist and call it a day. Nope, not at all.

As I tried all of those things and all of those things failed, the security woman told me to leave the property immediately...really? I was actually told to walk across the street and wait...really? When the security woman told Taylor she could not drive my car in to load the furniture I quickly yelled to use my phone to call the nice woman we were picking furniture up from. I was allowed to walk back across the street to my car and while I continued to apologize for the inconvenience the security woman forcefully told me to just well, leave. I started to drive off realizing Taylor put my phone in her purse and got in Corinne's car to drive onto base...really?

So I drove around with no phone, no i.d. no proof of registration with expired tags IN A MILITARY TOWN. Needless to say I was paranoid. Trying to figure out where to pull over(on a one way road) and wait but all there are only entrances to the base so I kept driving back into town. I pulled over to call from a pay phone, but no answer so I eventually drove home.The no wallet thing was all me because I forgot I had driven in Richards car the day before(his tags weren't expired) and Richard had taken out all of my papers that week to get my new tags.

Richard did get our new tags last week and now I'm just trying to figure out how to do the girls kitchen sink and stove. I also have been expressing my recent frustration with a simple word, you guessed it.  Really!

                                     CL Pieces, taller will be the stove smaller will be the sink
                                                         Ideas for the play kitchen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment