Monday, February 20, 2012

A red dresser




The picture above has been an inspiration room for me for years. We tried to bring these colors into our home as well. With the manual help of my sister, I picked up a dresser from Craigslist that we put in the house last night. When we opened the paint it looked fuchsia, like Barbie pink. We just kept out loud reassuring ourselves it would change to the color on the top of the can. Eventually I confessed it looked like something in a brothel and Richard said he was thinking the exact same thing!

All we did was add some no-voc Olympia paint and it looks like a custom piece. It was important for us to still see the age and detail of the grain so we used a painting style which is uneven and light. I still need to touch up the bottom corner, it had several layers of white paint on it. I took one of our white chairs from the bedroom and place it next to it for additional seating. Such an easy and inexpensive way to revamp a room. Below is the Craigslist add photo and through our process.






No comments:

Post a Comment