Sunday, August 14, 2011

Behind the Colors


"We are no longer happy as soon as we wish to be happier."



For every woman there is usually at least one feature she will ultimately try to enhance. So why do we play this game of seeking out compliments only to change whatever it was we got compliments for in the first place? Answer: We have been told a real woman was never good enough to begin with. Statistics show 75% of normal women think they are overweight. 90% of women overestimate their body size, and 50% of American women are currently dieting. Not that I am against being conscious of what you are putting into your hands which ultimately decides what you put in your body. My focus is more on being healthy and balanced. "7 in 10 Girls believe they are not good enough or do not measure up in some way including their looks, performance in school and relationship with friends and family members." -girls self esteem


I was recently given some intriguing information from my Mom about what an E.R. experience at a hospital is like. You are rushed in and one of the first things the nurses will do is put medicine patches all over you.  They do this because if only takes twenty seconds for your body to absorb something on the surface of your skin. Therefore you are getting the medicine almost instantly. So this poses the question, what is in our make up, soaps, lotions and cremes that we are absorbing within twenty seconds too? Find out what your products have in them at skindeep


At some point over the course of seven years I asked Richard his view of ruffles. He laughed and began to explain that ruffles are feminine which is probably why we women like them. Basically when women wear ruffles, it's for other women. Within a few short months I also read an article stating that a company had taken a woman in heels and asked a panel of men there view of her. They next only switched her shoes to flats and asked another panel of men their views. The conclusion was the men found the woman to be just as attractive with flats to heels. They did the same with a woman in red lipstick and without the red lipstick. The result was quite similar to the first, most men showed equal interest to the woman but some men said the lipstick was actually a turn off.  Not one man ever complained about the woman when not wearing lipstick. 


So WHO are we dressing for? Who are we wearing all this toxic make up for? And why are we hurting our feet and killing our backs if guys like some cute ballet flats? Get Real With Barbie I still wear mascara in our date nights feeling a bit prettier even though I didn't have it on all week around him. Ultimately we all have our red lipstick mentality. I'm am the anti-Barbie and nude is my new red. 







4 comments:

Kendra said...

I love this. So many times we have had this conversation and I miss it. I miss you! Lets make a skype date for this week.

Writingfor5 said...

I know such good talks for the soul and for moms of girls! I'd love to skype soon Mamma K!

Anonymous said...

Oh, goodness. I cannot give up the makeup. But I do use all organic soap, skincare stuff (which I make myself) and makeup. But c'mon, Court. It wouldn't be nice to the world to make me go bare faced!!!

Writingfor5 said...

Haha, You are too funny! I don't think you have to be bare faced just women can get a little make up happy. I think as long as it's safe products and you are being complimentary to your face then you're good. : )

Post a Comment