Monday, August 1, 2011

Feeding Forgiveness Part 2



I had an awesome phone call today. A much needed and appreciated phone call from my cousin. Sometimes when there is too much time questions can be created. Not that questions don't come around when there is little time but when you have large gaps of distance due to distraction, questions appear. One of the question that lingered for the both of us was " Does she still have time for me?" and " Am I still important?"

Despite our efforts time is not on our side. We make excuses, we all are legitimately busy, a little too busy. Something I don't enjoy about my life is how busy we can get. Now a days it takes little effort to be busy and much more effort to be available. I want to be more available, I am choosing to be more present. It was so nice to catch up, break down worries, and simply just hear her voice. She has always been a treasured person to me, I grew up seeing her every holiday and every summer for most of my life. We did it all wore matching dresses, planned which spice girl we were going to be, even terrorized the neighborhood boys together. I am happy to see how loved she is by her fiance and continue to be impressed with her independence.

Today was an encouraging day and a reminder that even when you aren't talking, someone is. We all have that little voice telling us things, and they are normally destructive comments. Since we cannot ever fully eliminate that voice we can at least dull it down with truth and effort in our relationships. She is getting married in October and I am hoping to have a front row seat their whether it be through Skype or not. I love you SVS. You will always be my Syd The Kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment