Sunday, February 27, 2011

Is it better to recycle or buy new?

Question....

Do you buy recycled plastic products or do you bypass plastics all together and get a sustainable metal (such as stainless steel) wood or glass?

We do have plastics lingering in our home and not all are bpa and pvc free. Does this irk me, yes to no end. I look at our appliances, laundry baskets, and kids toys that are made of plastic. It is unavoidable to have it somewhere in your life BUT doing your research, shopping at thrift stores and finding vintage toys and home products ( watch out for lead painted items, anything before 1980's) it can be more manageable.

I was asked this weekend if I had always wanted 3 kids. I burst into a laugh, "No!" I answered, I have never been a person to believe our future is really in our hands.


https://greenfrogrecycledplasticoutdoorfurniture.wordpress.com/
Being a mom makes you question every decision you ever make and how to make those situations easier and less painful for your children, even down to how much chemical intake they must absorb. We try to have a minimal amount in our home because like everything you can't control what's in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment