Sunday, February 20, 2011

patience makes perfect....right?

Patience is a virtue, practice makes perfect, patience patience patience. They all are essentially screaming to you to not scream but rather be patient with whom you're wanting to scream at. Well I'm trying... As confident as I am in my values, morals, life views all together I am still working on being confident in when sharing my opinion. I have a lot of friends asking me for advice and sharing situations with me that I genuinely am passionate about so when to hold my tongue and when to spill it?

I am hoping for a time where I can show my family the same grace I show complete strangers when they annoy me. I really don't like the phrase " It's okay we're family." Because by living in that mindset you are deciding that "your family" is less important to show your manners than strangers of friends. I feel like everyone deserves manners, second,third and forth chances, just mainly love. Sometimes people DO need to hear advice but just not at that moment or maybe not from me. Even if I have good advice to give.

Nothing has helped me more with this than being a mom. My kids will ask me about life, death, how they came out of my stomach, who they will be and do when they get older. Yes, he is only 6 and she is not even 3, I know it's frightening. I want to answer all their questions and ease their worries but I know even when I have a fantastic answer for them they are not capable of knowing what I tell them. For now anyway, I have to be patient. Which f you haven't noticed the repetitiveness of my weary writing on the subject is not my strong suit.

I am very confident and opinionated but I'm even more confident to be opinionated about quietly, lovingly, sharing a listening ear and a prayerful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment