Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring brings new beginnings and potential debacles

It's almost March and I reviewed over what we were doing a year ago this time. The baby was only 3 months. I scrolled through iphoto to find a picture of them last year... It's amazing how fast they develop. I'm amazed how the human body works, did you know focusing muscles in the eye are estimated to move over 100,000 times each day?




We are looking forward to new beginnings as our family continues to prayerfully plan for a move( I'll get into that later) new opportunities, new perspective and continued growth in relationships. I have realized what caused my migraines a couple of springs ago, I have allergies to trees. I don't get a runny nose, irritated eyes, cough, I only get migraines but they started in 07 and have thus continued to re-envite itself to my life each spring. I had migraines as a kid but always thought it was an eye problem. I'm glad it only took me 24 1/2 years to figure this out... ahh isn't life funny that way.

I have a love/hate relationship with Georgia at the moment. I LOVE how beautiful it gets here, the flowers blooming, the trees becoming getting new treehair (leaves) as our son used to say. But I dislike how much of a tole it is to me and my families lives just trying to enjoy a spring day outside. I have sadly given my allergy issues to my youngest daughter. My dad said my nose would run like a faucet at certain times of the year and now Q's nose has also been replaced with a faucet.

I managed to have minimal side effects once I started elementary school and even after  high school.  My father in law has told me that your body changes every 7 years, it seems to be true for most people. We knew a guy who was deathly allergic to egg, and now he's not allergic at all. I feel there is the potential for beauty and growth in almost everything and springtime here and our bodies fall into both categories for me.

"To suppose that the eye, with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest possible degree." Charles Darwin


http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/feb/09/darwin.eye

No comments:

Post a Comment