Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Painting our dining chairs

 We currently have a beautiful farm kitchen table that I grew up with so it's extra special to me. It has two drawers on each side where I used to sit and put food in when I didn't like the meal. Ahh, memories. We also have 6 distressed espresso chairs with rye seating. We are feeling the need to give our dining bunch a new wardrobe.  Our top colors our as follows but not in choice order  

 Distressed for all:
sea foam/aqua blue
burnt orange
earthy but not bright shade of green
mustard yellow & antique white
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/10/affordable_low.php 


                      Our table is a rich mahogany and we have considered painting the bottom half and leaving the top the wood stain but I'm not thrilled with that idea. Keep in mind the natural slightly butter shade of rye on the seating(this will not be painted)We also have curtains with a deep crimson and rust orange pattern. Our accessories in the room are a red, orange, espresso drum, black distressed frames, multi color brown weaved bowls and masks from Africa. PLEASE give me some input! Thank you!

2 comments:

L Ash said...

I like the idea of painting them crimson red, it'll go with your family's firey nature!

Writingfor5 said...

Haha! Love it Lo. You no us perfectly! I am leaning towards a rich warm color and maybe have off white slipcovers for " fancy adult dinners" whenever we have those! Haha, in 5-10 years. Thanks for the feedback!

Post a Comment