Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence in a new way

Evolving from their mother country our ancestors, mine being Nathaniel Adams from England came over because of religious persecution. England split into two parties conventional and unconventional. It was no surprise to me when reading of our family lineage on my dads side that I come from strong unconventional leaders. We have two men I am in related to John Adams the second president through our bloodline and Thomas Jefferson the third president, through the bloodline of Martha Wales his wife.

And on my mothers side we have unconventional French tight rope walkers so all and all, my DNA screams unconventional in the political and lifestyle sense. Which I fully embrace and love. I am thankful to be from this melting pot of ours we call The United States. This is where an immigrant with $12 dollars and his pocket and a family to feed can start a profitable business in 2 years. I am hopeful that this young "teenage country" will continue to look at what has worked for us and what has not.

I believe the United States gets a bad rap most of the time because we act a lot like a teenager. Fast to react, getting right in the middle of things and with honest intentions but because of our lack of experience we can cause more trouble than needed.




This year it was especially cool to celebrate living in the land of independence. The fireworks at night with the older two and Q slept at home with Nana. Parking then walking on a beach path to a field was definitely the first of many new ways to celebrate that we are looking forward to. But what I'm looking forward to the most is seeing how this beautiful place we now call home will grow and develop new leaders in this family.

"In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment