Monday, July 11, 2011

Is this real life!?!?? Parenting is not for the weary

What I'm about to write you is not a joke. These events have really happened and because you are reading them at your desk or on your couch feel free to laugh, loudly. 

We have successfully arrived to our new city Haleiwa, Hi with plans for an easy breezy transition to our home, furniture, and cars. Well nothing goes as planned BUT we do have a home (move in on wednesday). YAY! We do have our furniture  (just in storage until our new landlord can move his furniture out) and we found out today our cars are at the port to be shipped on saturday. (we will be picking them up at the end of the month, only took you guys a week shy of two months to drive from Atlanta to Long Beach, California. Nice job!)

 Another item on my list was to have family pictures done... Keep in mind I have been successfully
(by this I mean no one has been injured to where we've visited the hospital) providing for the five of us for a month and a half with just 1 rolling bag, 3 backpacks, 1 diaper bag, a single stroller ( I packed the detachable second seat! WHY!!!) and a whole lot of creative thinking! 

Richard was in charge of 3 things before he left. Because he was going ahead and I was staying behind and flying with the kids (best interest of the children) he had to pack his two drawers of clothes, get his laptop bag, and bring our stroller. When I took him to the airport he had the rolling bag, the backpack, and the stroller. I couldn't have been more impressed. Only 1 week after arriving to find out that he had only packed his top drawer of clothes leaving him with a pair of raggy cargo shorts... We found this out 45 minutes before the photo shoot! Because he wasn't prepared and behind schedule with work he decided to act like I had plotted this so he would not have to take pictures. His exact words "Well, you can have it your way, I'm not coming." WHAAAAAAAAT! Is this real life??? (mine & my sisters favorite new line) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

We planned to meet my new friend Corrine, who is an extremely talented photographer. I was wanting to somewhat have my stuff together considering I would be seeing her more often than not. We drove up, to the wrong location. We re-routed and found the farm. Next thing I knew our son had gotten out of the car as he normally does, but now he was gone. No joke I was standing in a dirt parking lot with 4 cars and huge fields on either side of me, he had nowhere to hide! My sister called for him, nothing. I called for him, we all called for him all the while I am holding back tears and thinking " What the heck does this woman think of me? I've lost my son and I haven't even gotten out my third child." He was blissfully looking into the pond water. But after I sweetly shared with him he was in serious trouble he refused to take any pictures. 

Then the baby got tired and got offended... my dream slowly became my nightmare. By the end of it I was glad we took them, I wanted a glass of wine and some solidtude, then feeling guilty I wanted a glass of wine for dealing with it all! Oh, the drama of motherhood! Here are the three so far, I'm hoping we have more than three good ones, hahaha! 







2 comments:

Kendra said...

you look like an angel

Writingfor5 said...

awwwwww, you just made my day! I miss you!!!! Can we skype soon?

Post a Comment